I was at Trailheadathon event on this Saturday, 10th Sept'16 in Gurgaon. From meet-up standpoint it was good, but something else was very unique about it, i.e.
- Salesforce sponsored 3 college students (Maneesha Kandala, Subhashini, & Sri Ramya Pratha) to fly for this event, from Vizianagaram to Gurgaon. These students were from MVGR College of Engineering, Vizianagaram, India.
- Mr. Satya Reddy UNIX professor from the same college, joined them as well. Its quite interesting that despite of being a UNIX expert and teacher himself, he is quite excited about Salesforce, and he was one of the driving force, which pulled up students to achieve this kind of milestone.
- Naga Kiran from Salesforce India Developer relations team, visited their college nearly a month before Trailheadathon, and conducted a two days workshop with his team of 21 guys.
- After that workshop from Salesforce, it was enthusiasm of these college students, which made them work together as a team after college hours. They compromised their fun and sleep time, and spent the same after studies to learn Salesforce on their own (via Trailhead).
- Within a month from this workshop, these college students completed nearly 8000 badges and 8 super badges. #WOW
- Maneesha Kandala a student from same college, completed all 4 super badges and 100 badges in a month.
- This college now has a 100 badges club, aka Century Club for Trailhead badges. Women power from college i.e. Likitha, Subhashini, Ravali, and Sri Ramya are proud members of this club.
- These college students were helping Salesforce professionals and developers at Trailheadathon complete badges, I was blown away by their attitude, confidence and dedication. I was with students from 8 AM in morning, till 10 PM (nearly 14 hours, and they were all over the event for the whole day)
I salute this women power from Vizianagaram, and I am sure this young blood/generation, will keep competition and their seniors on toes in any organisation :)
I was very excited by all this, and can't resist shooting a video interview with these bright students. I hope this video and post will motivate young developers, freshers and students everywhere to step up there game and start learning Salesforce.
I am a developer at heart, and taking videos/interviews is not best of my skill. Motivation was to bring and highlight this awesome success story with the world. Please excuse and video/audio issues in above youtube embed.
My favourite moments via Twitter
Women power who Completed 100 badges & 4 super badges in 1 month #mindblowing #wit #Trailheadathon kudos to them! pic.twitter.com/Tvm0niCSyO— Abhinv Gupta (@abhinavguptas) September 10, 2016
#mvgrcea students @Manu_Maneesha @sashsubbu @sriramyapv briefing the #Trailheadathon #trailhead super badges pic.twitter.com/Uzj0JgZSOO— Naga Kiran Manyala (@SfdcKiran) September 10, 2016
@Manu_Maneesha on stage, she started with salesforce a month ago, all 4 super badges done. #bravo #Trailheadathon pic.twitter.com/YwXwnKE4RC— Abhinv Gupta (@abhinavguptas) September 10, 2016
Thanks @sriramyapv for guiding with super badges at #trailheadathon @newdelhisfdcdug @NagarroSFDC @Nagarro pic.twitter.com/721gZtdnrT— Nitin Gupta (@nitinsfdc) September 10, 2016
Thanks @charlieisaacs For sending video on such a short note. You made #trailheadathon more Awesome!!! #trailhead pic.twitter.com/uz8bcViWmz— Nitin Gupta (@nitinsfdc) September 12, 2016
Sneak peak on @TheChrisDuarte shoes she will be wearing at #DF16 #Trailheadathon pic.twitter.com/Z6sqpD78aK— Atul Gupta (@atul31gupta) September 10, 2016
At Nagarro 😀 #Trailheadathon #Nagarroevents @newdelhisfdcdug @NagarroSFDC @rajdeepdua pic.twitter.com/HpgKfrq6ka— Subhashini (@sashsubbu) September 10, 2016
Thank you @forceguru @gauravkheterpal for being at the first ever #Trailheadathon #Salesforce @trailhead pic.twitter.com/8jkxa59bNd— New Delhi SFDC DUG (@newdelhisfdcdug) September 11, 2016
Thanks @forceguru sir for guiding us at #trailheadathon its a real pleasure to have you with us pic.twitter.com/RXVrnWi9oO— Nitin Gupta (@nitinsfdc) September 10, 2016
Thanks @gauravkheterpal sir for sharing your experience and encouraging @newdelhisfdcdug at #trailheadathon pic.twitter.com/PoZRJ0fMWw— Nitin Gupta (@nitinsfdc) September 10, 2016
WIT leader#Amazing girl#Thanx for your time #Trailheadathon @NimishaBhatnag1 pic.twitter.com/bQCJgwI7gZ— Maneesha Kandala (@Manu_Maneesha) September 10, 2016
Here the final score for #Trailheadathon of today. But let's not end here, why not make a #Trailheadathon week??? 😎 pic.twitter.com/xRSE2esNxo— Durgesh Dhoot (@ddurgesh28) September 10, 2016
Rachit is winner, he completed 3 super badges and 52 badges in #Trailheadathon pic.twitter.com/TD1Zl5cLng— Abhinv Gupta (@abhinavguptas) September 10, 2016
LOVED seeing all the #Trailheadathon Tweets on my feed this morning!! Now I'm LATE to my own #SalesforceSaturday 😳 pic.twitter.com/rRM1oZFbkw— Stephanie Herrera (@steph_herrera_) September 10, 2016
#Trailheadathon kicked off by @atul31gupta, thanks @NagarroSFDC for logistics and space. pic.twitter.com/cAYdho6unb— Abhinv Gupta (@abhinavguptas) September 10, 2016
Guys all the way from #Chandigarh Developer Group came to attend #Trailheadathon— Atul Gupta (@atul31gupta) September 10, 2016
Thank you guys :-) pic.twitter.com/JyM1KsA5dx
Sincere thanks to:
- Atul Gupta for organising this event, he is very regular in making sure we have good meet-ups in Gurgaon.
- Nagarro: For sharing the office space, and other logistics. Thanks to Mr. Viyom and his team for all the support.
- Durgesh Dhoot: For providing this leaderboard platform powered by Heroku + Force.com. Also, a big thanks for your patience while we shot the above video, you're awesome :)
- Last but not least, Salesforce Developer Relations team, specially Rajdeep Dua, and Naga Kiran from India, their support was backbone to success for an event of this scale. I am sure it was a long day for Naga Kiran, to fly over to Gurgaon, and stay with us in full enthusiasm for full 14+ hours :)