Here is a quick demo video of this application.
We’re happy about this small experiment because of a few reasons
- Speed: The application was developed and demoable in 2 days, that includes learning jQuery mobile.
- Fun: Apart from usual touch support and CSS styling for mobile, the application was supporting gestures and orientation(portrait and landscape), this is fun to do and learn.
- Integrity: Solution was working like charm in Android and iPhone browsers, all using force.com technologies like
- Sobjects: For storing attendance records.
- Visualforce: The application container that holds jQuery mobile and everything else.
What’s next ?
We are planning to create another version of this app, using
- Use same Sobejct Data Model with Apex REST webservices and Java(Heroku)
Mobile is fun for sure :)