This post explains the architecture of Location Glimpse.
Location glimpse has 3 major components.
- Force.com Inbound Email handler to
- Parse Glympse Mobile App emails.
- Push those Glympse details to the respective user's feed as "LinkPost" !
- Location Viewer, an Apex/Visualforce page to
- View location of user into Google Maps.
- Chat and collaborate on the mapped location via Chatter comments.
- A Peer Search Visualforce Page to
- Search, see (maps) and chat about your peer's last locations.
- Request latest location updates from peers.
The diagram below shows the detailed flow of how location is shared, and chatted via Location Glimpse application.